Sunday, January 27, 2008

Nawlins Highlights (AND, OUR 100th POST!!!)

Wow, so THIS is our 100th post here at colinferrigan.blogspot.com. Would never have imagined that the pix would be of THIS. Well, roll with it, as they say.

I've got 130 pix from New Orleans, so I'm going to put the balance of them up on Flickr later. For now, here are some of the highlights.

First up, Mary after enough cocktails to justify the purchase of that silly hat (as in, "OOOOHHHH!!! I've just GOT to have THAT hat!!!!". She didn't think it was nearly as keen the next morning.), along with a guy that I think was painting himself up to be some facsimilie of the Heisman. He was hammered, and getting money and free drinks. We saw him everywhere.

Me and Rob at one of Emeril's joints. We had to go there by cab, and it was quite far from the Quarter.
Jen, Rob, me and Mary Ann at Emeril's. That sweatervest I'm wearing is a t-shirt. HAD to have it. Mary with hat AND boa, Rich Wicker, and me the next morning. This picture is for Emma. Me and her uncle Rich "stone kold representin' and kickin' it old skool." Or something like that. Emma, we love you. Clearly, two old guys can't pull this move off quite as street as you can.
Rob, holding what I think is an appropriately sized beer, Rich and Me on Bourbon Street before the game. Rob sent me off to get a round of drinks, it being my turn and all. Jen had been bringing back these small beers in plastic cups. I returned with this:
After hanging out on Bourbon all day long, we moseyed over to the Superdome. Here we are on the ramp up.
This t-shirt says it all.
You can see that this is before the end of the first quarter. We're smiling. These are from our seats.
I love that these kids in TBDBITL were kind enough to take a picture with us. I hate that I have that stupid look on my face.
Here we are with Nick Mangold, former Buckeye center. He now plays for the Jets. He DID NOT want to take this picture with us - the tide had turned in the game, and the mood was a bit tense. BUT - he was cool enough to do it, so kudos and thanks. Nice guy. Can't say the same about Cris Carter. He would NOT take a picture with us. Wanker.
BTW, Mary Ann is on the same step as him, and I'm standing one step below. He's a Hulk of a man.

So those are some of the highlights - more to come on Flikr later. Wonderful time had by all, except for, you know, that whole losing thing. The sweatervest will come back, and they'll win a title again one of these years.

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

My favorite is the items you "had to have". Both choices so perfect for the occasion. It looks like like you did not have any fun at all : )

Anonymous said...

OK so I am waaayyy behind on my Ferrigan-Warbel highlights. But I just love the fact that you went back to New Orleans together. Where did you stay? Did you call the front desk at 4:00 am and say "Just get me Kwak's room, will you."

Linda and Leah are coming up to Boston this month to visit colleges. We promise you we will have a great time.

xenia