Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Rubbin' Elbows with the Upper Crust

As many regular readers know, thanks to R + L Trucklines, and the good fortune to have great friends in high places, this dirtybutt Mc, yours truly, was lucky enough to get tickets to a private box at the 'Football Venue that God (Woody Hayes) Most Favors', aka Ohio Stadium. Not only was it a Big 10 game, but a Big 10 game THAT MATTERED. Ohio State vs. Wisconsin. Here are the first cut of the 150 + pictures that I took.

First, the sun rises on the South stands.
Jon and Rob at Rob's regular tailgate, right across from the stadium. Rob's gonna own a bar in Mt. Adams soon . . . .

Jon, debating stealing a bit of Government Property. As a taxpayer, it's debatable as to whether or not he's entitled . . .
The view from the box. Early first quarter.
Me & Jon, in the box.


T - I think the fine folks at Memorial Stadium would have folks like us (on any weekday . . . ).
OK, obviously we're on our best behavior. Clearly, *I'd* get kicked out of Memorial Stadium. Hell, almost did that in 2002 . . .
Robyn Warbel, this picture is for Ryan. Maybe the boy should consider transferring to OSU? The Best Damn Band In The Land knows the theme to Superman . . .


Me - seconds before they realized that a lowlife made it into the VIP leagues.
THE BEST DAMN BAND IN THE LAND. Ohio Stadium, after the game, in all her glory.
A fan - post game.
NO, THAT'S NOT FERRIGAN, T. It's a random guy celebrating another Buckeye victory.
Jon.
'sall for now. Like I said, I took over 150 pictures - there's a whole lot of redundant stuff in that count. This is just a sample.

Let me just say that I've been to Ohio Stadium at least ten times; I've been to Jordan-Hare Stadium at Auburn, Williams-Bryce Stadium at USC many times, Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge on many occasions; the Georgia Dome for a Peach Bowl; Death Valley at Clemson (granted, it was for a graduation); Memorial Stadium at Illinois twice; I've visited Lane Stadium at Virginia Tech, Scott Stadium at UVa; Neyland Stadium at Tennessee; Keenan Stadium at UNC; Carter-Finley Stadium at NC State; Wallace Wade Stadium at Duke; and Moutaineer Field at WVU.


I've watched more football over my life than I can care to explain.



Sitting in this private box at Ohio Stadium was the best football experience I've ever had.


Period.


Bar none.


Thank you, R + L; Thank you, Jon!



No comments: