Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving Overdue For A Post Blogging / sleepblogging, sorta

Another week, another "crimeney, I'm WAY overdue for a post" moment. Despite the fact it was a four day weekend, we ran nonstop, with Emma making a surprise visit. So, without further adieu, Colin says, "quitcherbitchin, pops is gettin' to it when he can!!!!!".

At least that's what that shot there says to me.
First up, a few Jumperoo shots.
He was smiling when I went to shoot this.
Next up, got these wonderful shots on Thanksgiving day. My favorites to date!
As some of y'all may know, we made the sage decision to have our new kitchen / bathroom floors installed the week of Thanksgiving. Awesome move on our part. Sorry to Ben the Installer for all the troubles, but Thank You for the wonderful work. These shots were taken the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. In case it's not clear, the dishwasher, fridge and oven all had to be taken out of the kitchen to do the install.
That's the hall where the fridge stands, and in the background, the oven is in the living room.
This picture of the bathroom is screaming for some kind of crass comment. But I'm not going to make it.
Where the dishwasher and fridge would normally be.
Ben was here 'til 12:30 finishing the grout on Thursday AM. We moved the appliances back into place later that morning, and got to cooking. It all came together, no one went hungry, and it was a splendid Thanksgiving.
Here is Paul's daughter, Ruby, with Olive on Thanksgiving. She really put that whole "My gawd, your dog is a horse!" meme we always hear to the test. It was adorable.
"I love you, doggy."
If it's not obvious, she's seesawing on Olive's back there.
Jr. has begun to sit up in longer stretches these days.
"Hey, look at me! I'm sittin' up!"
Ok, like I said, "started".
And back upright again.
Here he is earlier tonight, with the help of the boppy. He can go for quite a while in that thing.
A bit of sleepblogging thrown in, just for safe measure.
Here's Colin after we gave him is first taste of taters on his first Thanksgiving. Not a fan.
Yet.
Gotta get the obligatory shot of the lovely table. If I didn't, boss would kill me.
Paul, Ruby, Colin and Mollie on Thanksgiving.
Yonk and June, photographed by Emma.
Colin, June and Emma.
Jr, before taters.

So there you go. Week late, and many dollars short. I'd say I'm gonna work all hard to get to posting more frequently, but let's face it - it's probably not gonna happen. Mary starts a new job a week from today, so that's just going to complicate things. Doing the best I can, tho! More later.
PS - GO SOONERS, BEAT Mizzou.
PPS - Thank you, Razorbacks, for beating LSU.
PPPS - RIP, Kevin DuBrow. What is the world coming to when the lead singer of Quiet Riot is dead at 52? It's like the heavy metal lifestyle is dangerous or something. Oh, wait . . .





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did you know that alot of thi phototagraphy is by little ol me miss emma ferrigan i miss you father i can not wait to see you all again for christmas,
(:
BYE BYE!


XoXoXoXoXo