Thursday, June 18, 2009

A historic trip through Northside

So I had a birthday gift certificate to Shake It Records that was burnin' a hole in my pocket this past weekend, and we went down to Aunt Mollie's place in Northside so's I could satisfy my itch. We rounded up the crew and headed down nice and early. Went out to Frisch's for breakfast and everything. Threw in a 'historic tour of Northside' on top of it.

And don't you know, it got too hot and Jr's outbreak of poison ivy necessitated a trip to the ER. So I didn't get to go to the best record store in Cincy. . . AT ALL. So I still have a gift certificate burnin' a hole in my pocket to this very day. (I'm plannin' on buyin' the following albums:

Hawkwind, "Space Ritual"
UFO, "Lights Out"
Uriah Heep, "Demons and Wizards"
Motorhead, "Iron Fist"

...and who knows what else.)

Anyway, we did manage to get a few great snaps of the cuteness - which is why most people come by this blog anyway, not to hear about my impending CD purchases. So, without further adieu, on with the cuteness...
Mommy and Auntie Mollie try to adjust the cutesy headband on the boy's head.
He was more nonplussed than the pix would indicate, honest.
OK, the picture below is pretty priceless:
He's just about had enough by this point:
And now it's on to the car. Believe it or not, I took this picture from the driver's seat as I was tooling down the road at 45 mph. Mollie had the boy in stitches. And I didn't even do a good job of capturing it, sadly.
Here we are at the beginning of the historic tour of Northside. Northside is the 'suburb' of Cincinnati where Aunt Mollie lives. It's considered the 'inner city' these days, and was annexed by the City of Cincinnati at about the turn of the 2oth century. Anyway, it used to be the 'suburbs' way back when Mollie's house was built in the late 1800's. There is quite a lot of history down there. Hence, the tour. Colin did the tour from a perch on his Radio Flyer for the most part.
It was hotter than blazes, and we only lasted about an hour of the tour. Colin had amassed a large spot of poison ivy gunk on one of his ears and we left early to take him to Children's Hospital to get it checked out. He's fine now.
So there you go, Aunties - a rare Friday post of up-to-date pictures. I hope the rest of your Friday is wonderful!!!! :-)
Seeyouse. Stay classy.

No comments: