Friday, June 26, 2009

A nearly week-late Father's Day tribute for Grandpa Ferrigan

Dad - apologies - we just unearthed the scanner, and I found a few pix from back in the day for a (very) short tribute.

First up - an example of our stylin' when Farrah was at the top and KC and the Sunshine Band ruled the airwaves.

(They were a disco band that were very popular in the '70's). Here we are at the precipice of The Grand Canyon:
And here we are in front of the Petrified Forest.
If I could find a way to take my kids on a three week sojourn across the country some day, I would be thrilled. I'lll keep my fingers crossed....
Lastly - a shot from your first day back in-country. I think that the whole negative was reversed, somehow - your hair isn't parted on that side - and I didn't look like that - even back then. Or, I could be 100% wrong.
Either way - many thanks, Grandpa Ferrigan - you're the best pops a kid could hope for.
I love you dearly.
John

No comments: